Monday, March 28, 2011

SPRING BREAK…IT’S DAY & NIGHT

Ah…Spring Break.  It’s a time to reflect on what’s really important in life.  No school…No studying…  Going to the beach every day…Watching (or participating) in wet tee shirt competitions.  For me, Spring Break means only one thing: more time to run!

Although FIU was officially open during spring break, I took a few days off to spend time with Rachel (and to run…of course).  Having the opportunity to go out and run during the week, either early in the morning or in the middle of the afternoon, was a great way to catch up on all of those extra miles I missed while I was waiting for the swelling in my foot to go down.  In total, I was able to run a little more than 36 miles. 

The key here is running during the day.  I have always had a very difficult time motivating myself to run at night.  I’m not talking about running in the dark…I’m talking about running after I get home from work.  I don’t mind getting up über early to run.  In fact, I have been known to roll out of bed at 4am on weekends during the summer to beat the heat.  Since I typically get up at 5:30 to go to work, the morning run is virtually a no go.  I’m usually home by 5pm, so the time to complete a leisurely 8 mile run is not an issue.  I simply cannot embrace the run at the end of the day.

I run in the morning because I look forward to it; I run at night because I’m obligated to do it.  I would have hoped my mindset would have changed after all of these years.  Any and all suggestions are welcome here. 


KEEP TRACK OF MY RUNNING ON running apps

 

1 comment:

  1. Find a running club, run with friends. Scheduling those runs with others means accountability. Change up your route, even if you have to drive somewhere to run. I know, I've told you all this before......

    ReplyDelete